Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Mussels in a White Wine Shallot Sauce

I LOVE mussels and the only person in my life that shares my affection for these little gems is my Dad.

In April I attended the Waterloo Region Food and Drink Show (check out the details here) and received 2 lbs of mussels free from Caudle's Catch right here in KW.  That's right FREE!  So I couldn't let them go to waste.  I knew my husband Jon wouldn't be too enthusiastic about eating them and there was no way I could eat 2 lbs by myself. Ok, I could have ate 2 lbs myself, but I did not want to feel sick and never want to eat a mussel again.

We were having my family over for dinner so I decided mussels would be on the menu for appetizers. 


My Dad and I highly enjoyed them and even my brother and Jon. dug in.  My brother just couldn't get over the texture and declared them a no go, but my Jon was intrigued and said he wouldn't write them off completely.  Yeah food score for me!!!!


Mussels seem scary to attempt making at home, but trust me they are not.  The most difficult part is deciding how you want to cook them as there are a million ways to prepare them (check them out here).  I chose a simple and classic white wine sauce and amped it up with some shallots.  So simple, so delicious.


What is your favourite way to prepare mussels????


No comments:

Post a Comment