Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Steak & Shrimp Fajitas

We love Mexican Food and enjoy fajitas, tacos and nachos quite regularly in our house.

At least a few times a month I make these quick and simple fajitas.  Sometime I make them with chicken, sometimes with pork, but this time I whipped up some Steak & Shrimp Fajitas and thought it would be an appropriate recipe to share with you today.


For this particular batch I made use of my fancy new old cast iron skillet a cast off of my brothers.  You could use a regular cookie sheet or baking pan to make these fajitas.

I love this method of making fajitas because I can prep everything at nap time, place the peppers and onions in the oven and set the automatic start timer.  Automatic start on an oven is the BEST feature EVER, if your oven has it and you've never used it I suggest you try.  It can help speed up the dinner making process and give you more time to spend doing the things you want/need to do.

Because of my handy dandy automatic start, when all my daycare kids leave the peppers and onions are done and I can add in the tortillas, steak and shrimp and prep the rest of the toppings and supper is on the table in less then 20 minutes!

If you are looking for a supper that will help you celebrate Cinco De Mayo today give these fajitas a try, they are quick, simple and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment