Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken

Let me just start by saying that photographing my recipes lately has been a bit of a challenge.

First off, as the days get shorter the beautiful natural light I normally saw shining through my kitchen window has totally disappeared.  As a food blogger who mostly shares what I make for dinner this makes photographing it quite difficult.  I don't love artificial light, not for food or people photography (check out my lifestyle photography blog here).  And we are also trying to get dinner on the table for a very hungry two year old, so I can only mess around with plating for so long.

Secondly, I have been experimenting with my slow cooker and let's just say slow cooked food, while tasty, convenient and comforting is not the most appealing to the eye.  Case in point:


Please, I beg you, DO NOT take this photo seriously!  This chicken is moist, tender, and oh so yummy.  We usually serve it with rice and broccoli (pictured) and then I will use the leftovers to make Hummus Pasta for the daycare kiddies.

If anyone has any wonderful tips for food photography in low light and how exactly I make a dish like this look good, please, please share! Please.

But for now you will be subjected to terrible photos accompanied by delicious recipes as I explore the world of slow cooking over the next few weeks/months.



No comments:

Post a Comment