Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Open Faced California Breakfast Sandwich

This past weekend Jon and I celebrated 6 wonderful years of marriage.  As we sat leisurely enjoying an all-you-can eat sushi meal on a patio, in the sun I was reminded of our trip to California a few years ago (see more about our trip here).

It was one of the first times we had gone to a real sushi restaurant and ordered "real sushi".  I put "real sushi" in quotation marks as we are still not the biggest fans of raw fish and enjoy a large amount of tempura with our sushi meals.  But this didn't come from a grocery store counter, it didn't contain imitation crab and we basically had no idea what we were eating, but it was yummy. 

So what does this have to do with a breakfast sandwich you ask?  Well you see a relaxed sushi dinner in the beautiful sun reminded me of the lackadaisical spirit of California which got me thinking, rooting through my fridge and creating this for breakfast the next morning.


This sandwich reminded me of the relaxation, the simplicity and the yumminess of our trip to Cali, thus earning its name.


It's just a few simple to prepare ingredients and tastes amazing.  Might I add avocado, bacon and tomato is one of my all time favourite taste combos.


I think this sandwich is pretty fancy as is, but if you wanted to  take it up a notch you could whip up some of my homemade Hollandaise Sauce and pour it on top.


This sandwich is for sure going to become a regular on our breakfast table.


No comments:

Post a Comment