Pages

Tuesday 10 June 2014

For the Love of Asparagus (and Some Rhubarb Too!)

A few weekends ago we headed out to Barrie's Asparagus Farm (check them out here).  After getting lost thanks to my inability to Google Map things properly (it seems to becoming a trend around here) we made it to the farm.


Anna was so sure there were cows in the barn behind us as we posed for a family photo for our monthly photo project (check more out here).  After we convinced her that there were no cows at this particular farm we proceeded into Barrie's own market store.  Their store is jam packed with various dry and fresh grocery items all with one thing (ok, two things in common) asparagus and rhubarb.  I got VERY excited by all the culinary goodness in front of me, asparagus tortilla chips, rhubarb tea, various flours, spices, dips and sauces how was I to chose???? Wait a second, we only brought $10 with us as we figured we would just get asparagus, what are we going to do??? They only take cash, cheque and wait a second, IOUs, who does that???? Super excited by the availability of an IOU system I loaded up my arms, and this it what we brought home.
 

We came home with 2lbs of asparagus, 2 bunches of rhubarb, a jar of Barrie's own Asparagus Salsa, a Bag of Asparagus Corn chips and Lilly Pure Naturals (more about them here) Peach Rhubarb Tea, which to be honest just smelt amazing and I thought it would make a wonderful iced tea, and I was right.


It was perfectly refreshing and so easy to make.  I boiled 32 oz of water (because that is how much our pitcher holds) and then steeped it with 4 tsp of the lose leaf tea and 2 tbsp of sugar.  I then strained it and enjoyed it on the back deck while the sunset. Perfect.


Stay tuned to find out what I did with the asparagus and rhubarb we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment