Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

As the colder weather approaches my thoughts start to turn to comfort food and high on my comfort food list is baked goods.  In the summer months cakes, cookies, squares etc. are not commonly found in my kitchen, but once the temperature starts to drop baked goods I am craving.


I've said it before and I'll probably say it a million times more; I am NOT a baker, but this Oatmeal Cookie recipe is super easy and forgiving.  I decided to add the white chocolate, cranberries and almonds and I am sure you can add in whatever you would like to this base recipe.  Best of all these cookies freeze really well.  I simply roll the raw dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer, once frozen I place dough balls in a freezer bag.  When I am feeling like a little fresh baked treat I simply remove one, two or ten from the freezer, let them defrost and bake.


As the days cool it is always nice to curl up with a good book, a roaring fire, a hot tea or cold glass of milk and a yummy plate of cookies.  My Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are a perfect match.




No comments:

Post a Comment